Original Tubing Mascara
Blinc's Original Tubing Mascara’s vegan formula gives you an ultra-longwearing natural look with a patent shine finish. Our pioneering tubing technology forms tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes, rather than painting them like conventional mascaras.
Once applied, the tiny tubes bind to your lashes and won’t run, smudge, clump, or flake. They’ll withstand sweat, tears, eye rubbing, and oily skin.
Clinically tested to be non-irritating, the Original tubing mascara is ideal for people with sensitive eyes, contact lenses, and active lifestyles. It’s the oil-free mascara whose look, hold, and ease of removal is without compromise.
It has a better hold than waterproof mascaras, yet is easier to remove. No need for makeup removers! The simple combination of lots of warm water and gentle pressure is all it takes. This combo slides the tiny tubes effortlessly off your lashes into your washcloth or hand.
No tint or residue is left behind. No eye-irritating makeup removers needed. No harsh rubbing around your most delicate skin. Tubing mascara is the healthier alternative to traditional mascaras for your eyes, lashes, and around-the-eye skin.
|MASCARA||Tubular Mascara Amplified|
|volumizing||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|lengthening||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|defining||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|curling||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|appearance||natural||every day glam|
|original tube forming technology||yes||yes|
|buildable volume & length||yes
(within 90 seconds)
|long lasting||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|non-irritating||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|flake-proof||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|clump-proof||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|better than water-proof||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|smudge-proof||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|oily skin-proof||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|holds lash curl||• • • • •||• • • • •|
|lots of water to slide tubes off||most effective||most effective|
|water-based remover||somewhat effective||somewhat effective|
|oil-based remover||least effective||least effective|
|tint or residue buildup left behind||no||no|
|ideal for contacts & sensitive eyes||yes||yes|
|great for false lashes & extensions||yes||yes|
|can be used as a seal over other mascaras||yes||yes|
|healthy non-penetrating formula||yes||yes|
Net weight/Fill weight
Original mascara Full size - 5mL / 0.17 fl. oz
Original mascara Travel size - 2.0mL / 0.07 fl. oz
Aqua/Water/Eau, Acrylates Copolymer, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Butylene Glycol, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Laureth-21, Caprylyl Glycol, Trideceth-6 Phosphate, Dipropylene Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Carbonate
Apply blinc’s tubing formula like a regular mascara.
For best results, avoid using conditioners, lotions, serums, etc. on your lashes before applying. Tubing mascara requires a dry, clean surface to properly adhere to your lashes.
Keep adding coats until you are satisfied with the volume, length, and lash separation before mascara sets. Don’t let it set before applying another coat—apply your additional layers while it still looks wet. It takes blinc tubing mascara about 2 minutes to fully set and begin forming the tiny "tubes" around your lashes. Once it sets, you can no longer build.
Makeup removers, water, or pressure alone won’t remove blinc UltraVolume tubing mascara.
Use the combination of warm water AND gentle pressure. Soak your lashes, then apply light pressure with your fingertips, a washcloth, or a shower. This slides the tiny mascara tubes right off of your lashes.
The tubing formula shouldn’t resist coming off when it’s wet enough. If the mascara tubes aren’t coming off easily, add more water to your lashes.
You may see the little mascara "tubes" in your hands or on your face. These are NOT your lashes. It's just mascara coming off in the shape of your individual lashes. Your real lashes haven’t been pulled out.
Tips & Tricks
- Accidentally apply too much mascara on your lashes? Gently swipe your lashes with a dry cotton swab to absorb any excess mascara.
- Want to separate your lashes for more definition? Once your tubing mascara is applied, but before it has set, use a lash comb to separate lashes.
- Love blinc’s performance, but enjoy using another mascara? Try applying blinc tubing mascara over the other mascara to "tubify" it. This seals the other mascara with blinc's unparalleled benefits and staying power.
- Want a mascara to add volume to false lashes or eyelash extensions? Because it doesn't require makeup remover, blinc is the perfect mascara for protecting the adhesives.
Adding Extra Volume & Length
- Want more lash volume? Apply two or three coats while the mascara is still moist, waiting only about 20 seconds in between each coat. Don't wait for it to dry completely in between coats.
- Want more lash length? Focus a few strokes of the mascara wand on the tips of the lashes, especially the lashes at the outer corners of the eyes. Again, apply these additional coats while the mascara is still wet.
- Want even more lash length? Apply your tubing mascara in multiple strokes and add several coats at the tip of the lashes.
- Want more volume, lash separation, AND length? Apply our white mascara primer to your lashes before applying your tubing mascara.
- Want tubing benefits for your brows? Fill in your eyebrows with tubing mascara. It adheres the same way it does to your lashes.
Tricks of the Trade
- The mascara may be used to gently fill in eyebrows and it will adhere just the same as it does to the lashes
- Blinc mascara is great for use on fake lashes and eyelash extensions since it doesn't require remover which can reduce the longevity of the adhesives used for fake lashes.
- Even if using another mascara for top lashes, use blinc mascara on bottom lashes for flake proof, smudge proof wear.
- Blinc's 6 color choices offer lots of versatility. Black is the hands down favorite for an intense look, but many women like to try other colors as well. Dark Brown offers a gentler daywear look than the black while Medium Brown gives an even softer look and is well suited for women with light coloring. Blue, Purple and Green go on quite dark, but are reflected in certain lights for a subtle dash of color. Some blinc users apply the black mascara to the top lashes and a colored mascara to the bottom lashes.
- For an unexpected pop of color, you can even use black on your entire lash and then use dark green, blue or purple on just the tips. Just make sure that you don't let the black set completely before adding the color.
- If you accidently apply too much mascara on your lashes, gently swipe lashes with a dry q-‐tip to absorb any excess mascara.
- Once your mascara is applied, use a lash comb to separate lashes prior to the mascara setting for great definition.
- Of course we would love for you to use blinc mascara all of the time, but if you have a favorite mascara that you just can't do without, use your old favorite, but then apply blinc mascara on top. It acts as a sealant and locks in your favorite look, giving you all of blinc's great staying power.
- Do you use fibers on your lashes? If you do, blinc is the best mascara to apply after your fibers because it locks them into place, holding them all day, until you remove them at night.
Mascara Maintenance Tips
- Make sure no mascara is left on the neck or opening of the bottle before closing it. Any residual mascara left on the opening or the neck of the bottle can lead to difficulties reopening the mascara bottle or even damage the bottle upon reopening. Be sure to clean off the bottle neck and opening of any residual mascara before you close it.
- When used on a daily basis, a tube of blinc mascara lasts approximately 2 months.
- We encourage consumers to hang onto the screw-top aluminum container and use it as a storage device in their purse or makeup bag for items such as tweezers, liner pencils, brow pencils, bobby pins, or anything else that fits and helps organize the inside of a purse.
Is blinc’s Original tubing mascara vegan?
Yes. The Original tubing formula is vegan and cruelty-free.
Is the Original formula gluten-free?
Yes. The Original tubing mascara has no gluten in it.
How can the Original tubing mascara be water-resistant, yet only come off with water?
If the formula is wet, it won’t come off as long as no friction or pressure is applied. It’s the combination of the two that removes the mascara.
While water loosens the mascara's adhesion to the lashes, it still takes gentle pressure to remove the tubes. For example, crying without rubbing or squeezing your eyes shut won’t remove the mascara. Standing under a shower’s steam, however, will gently pull it off your lashes.
Can I use my regular make-up remover to take it off?
No. The only thing that will effectively remove the mascara is water and pressure. Cleansers or eye make-up removers usually don’t work because they’re made to break down traditional oil or water-based makeup.
Need to remove both tubing mascara AND traditional makeup? Simply remove the tubing mascara with water and pressure, then proceed with makeup remover.
Is tubing mascara healthier for your lashes?
Tubing mascara isn’t inherently healthier for your lashes. However, we developed the formula to be the best mascara to help you avoid harmful makeup practices and products.
Specifically, when you use blinc tubing mascara, you don’t need irritating makeup removers, and you don’t need to rub the part of the face most susceptible to wrinkling. Our formula is also made to be residue-free, so your eyes, pores, and ducts remain mascara-free.
Will I damage or pull out my lashes when removing blinc mascara?
No—your lashes are safe. Once the mascara is saturated with water, the adhesiveness becomes neutralized. This allows the mascara to slide off effortlessly, tint and residue-free. If the mascara resists coming off, add more water.
You may see strands that look like lashes as you remove your tubing mascara. We can assure you that these are the individual tubes that encased your lashes.
Is it tubing mascara safe for sensitive eyes, contact lens wearers, & eyeglass wearers?
Yes, absolutely. Many customers choose blinc tubing mascara because it’s the least irritating for their eyes or corrective lenses.
Our sensitive-eye customers love that the oil-free mascara formula doesn’t run, smear, flake, or require eye-irritating makeup removers. The tubing formula also doesn’t penetrate the skin like traditional mascaras, leaving your ducts and pores unclogged.
Our customers wearing corrective lenses also love the stay-put formula. Contact wearers enjoy having no flakes fall into their eyes, and no smudging if the eyes tear up. Glasses wearers love that their lenses aren’t brushed with mascara streaks if their lashes touch them.
Does the Original tubing mascara add volume and length to the lashes?
Absolutely. Since it forms a tube around each lash, it boosts both the lash's volume and length for a radiant natural look. Many women also apply a few additional strokes to the very tip of the lashes to add some extension. Have fun and experiment with different application methods!
Will the Original tubing mascara bunch up my lashes?
No. When applied correctly, your lashes will stay separated and defined. It’s important to apply any additional coats before the formula sets. If you’re dealing with lash bunching, make sure that the formula hasn’t dried from improper closure or aging.
To avoid lash bunching, simply use blinc's lash brush and apply the mascara with a series of at least five strokes. Let the mascara set for two to three minutes without touching them.
Will blinc tubing mascara come off while swimming?
Many women don’t have an issue with tubing mascara coming off while swimming. However, when the mascara is soaked, it’s prone to sliding off with the slightest touch or pressure.
Thankfully, if this happens, you won’t be dealing with smudgy “raccoon eyes.” The individual tubes that come off can be wiped off your face like crumbs. The mascara tubes that stay on will keep their shape and separation.
How long does one bottle of blinc mascara last?
It depends on the frequency of use and how well the bottle’s mouth is cleaned and closed after use. Before closing the bottle, make sure no mascara is left on the neck or bottle opening. Any residual mascara can damage the bottle or make reopening more difficult.
Tubing mascara should last longer than traditional mascara since you won’t need to reapply it during the day. We do recommend replacing your mascara at least every three months.
When used on a daily basis, a tube of blinc tubing mascara lasts approximately 2 months.
Where is blinc Original tubing mascara manufactured?
All blinc mascara is manufactured in the USA.
How long has blinc mascara been around?
We pioneered the original tubing technology mascara in the ‘90s. Our classic purple bottle mascara has been marketed outside of the US for over 25 years. In 1999, blinc was officially introduced in the United States. In 2001, blinc was introduced in the United Kingdom.
Other brands have tried to replicate our tubing technology, but blinc stays ahead as the original innovator. If you’re looking for the best tubing mascara…we recommend coming straight to its very first pioneer.
Is tubing mascara waterproof?
No—it’s better! It’s water-resistant. Since water is one of the steps in the removal process, it can’t be classified as “waterproof.” However, when no pressure is applied, the tubing mascara resists budging, even when wet.
It’s an excellent alternative to waterproof mascara—traditional waterproof mascaras are difficult to remove completely. They’re notorious for leaving residue and requiring harsh makeup removers and eye-rubbing. With tubing mascara, you get the benefit of water resistance without the frustration (and health risks) of oily “waterproof” formula.
Is tubing mascara cry-proof?
Crying typically does not produce enough moisture to loosen blinc mascara's adhesion to your lashes. If you do produce enough tears to saturate your lashes, your tubing mascara will stay in place as long as no pressure or friction is applied. Rubbing your eyes, wiping them with a tissue, or tightly squeezing them shut may cause saturated tubes to pull off.
Even if you cry with tubing mascara, you won’t get “raccoon eyes” or running mascara. Any tubes that shed off your lashes can be brushed off your face like crumbs. The remaining mascara will still hold its shape.
What is the active ingredient in blinc Original tubing mascara?
The active ingredient in blinc mascara is an acrylic copolymer.
Should I curl my lashes before or after I use tubing mascara?
Curl your lashes before applying blinc tubing mascara. By curling your lashes first, the tiny tubes that form around the curled lash act like a cast. Unlike traditional oil-based mascara, which weighs lashes down, tubing mascara keeps the curled form intact. We recommend curling your lashes with our heated eyelash curler.
Has blinc tubing mascara been tested?
Yes. It has been tested by an independent certified laboratory in the United States. The tests were conducted to identify any irritancy potential utilizing the MatTek EpiOcular in vitro toxicity testing system, using Good Laboratory Practice principles.
The results were definite—blinc mascara was given a non-irritating classification. We are also proud to say that blinc mascara has not been tested on animals.
Can you sleep in blinc Original mascara?
You can, but we recommend taking all your makeup off before bed. Many of our customers tell us that they can sleep in their tubing mascara and wake up with their lash look intact.
What’s the difference between the Original, the Amplified, and the UltraVolume tubing mascaras?
The Original tubing mascara gives your lashes a natural look. It’s buildable only when wet (about 30 seconds). We don’t recommend trying to build more volume after it has dried.
The Amplified tubing mascara gives your lashes a full look. You can apply more coats later on, but the best results come from building the volume when wet.
The UltraVolume tubing mascara gives you the most buildable volume. You can apply more layers even after the formula has set.
With any tubing mascara, take care not to leave the wand exposed for prolonged periods of time. Air can dry the product, creating a glue-like seal. To prevent this, wipe the mascara wand and bottle’s mouth occasionally to prevent buildup. Also, make sure you close the bottle tightly after each use.
SIZE: 9mL / 0.30 fl. oz